The next time your work calls for a mini excavator, a skid steer, a dozer or some other piece of heavy equipment, rent it from Carroll Concrete. From our Newport, NH location, we rent all sorts of equipment, including:
- Skid steers
- Roller compactors
- Mini excavators
- Skid steer attachments
- Aerial lifts
- Power tools
- Concrete Finishing Tools
- Portable Heaters
- Concrete Saws
- Plate Compactors
The Following Terms Apply to Our Rental:
Our rental rates are all F.O.B. our yard. The terms and conditions that are contained in our standard rental agreement shall govern.
How rates are determined
Rental charges are not computed on the basis of hours used, but on a daily (8 hrs), or weekly (40 hrs), or monthly (176 hrs) basis. This means that if you use a rental machine for one hour, but have it at your job for a month, you will be charged for one month’s rental. If a machine is used for a double shift, the rental rate will be computed at one and one-half times the applicable rate; if the machine is used for three shifts, the rental rate will be doubled. Again, monthly rental charges are figured on a 176 hour monthly usage; any usage above this will be figured accordingly.
To furnish you, the customer, with a machine or machines that have been carefully maintained and are suited for the application that you have outlined. In all cases we try to keep our machines in top mechanical condition.
Customer will furnish qualified operator. Customer will ensure that normal daily maintenance is performed; that is fuel, grease, checking oil levels and tire pressures, etc. Customer will be liable for any unusual damage to tires. Customer will be responsible for maintenance beyond normal wear and tear.
Customer will be responsible to provide fire, theft, physical damage and liability insurance coverage for all rental units. A certificate will be required.
12 Reasons to Use Rental Equipment
- Minimum Inventory – Ownership can be very expensive when equipment is idle. Combining ownership of basic equipment with rental equipment as needed will minimize idle time.
- Right Equipment for the Job – Eliminate the hidden costs of inefficiency due to use of wrong size or type of equipment and the maintenance and repair incurred. Rental equipment insures the right equipment for the job.
- Warehousing – Use of rental equipment eliminates the need for large storage areas; buildings, thus, overhead in your cost of doing business is minimized.
- Breakdowns – Virtually all equipment is subject to occasional breakdowns. However, when rented equipment breaks down idle time is minimized through replacement by the rental company and repair costs are eliminated.
- Maintenance – Rented equipment includes full maintenance, no repair shop, no spare parts inventory, no mechanics, no added maintenance payroll or maintenance record keeping.
- Equipment Obsolescence – Ownership of equipment involves the risk of rising wage costs and slower job completion time due to owning worn, obsolete models when new, better faster models are available from our rental company.
- Disposal Costs – Preparing used, obsolete equipment for resale, advertising and selling time are factors of ownership that do not occur in renting.
- Cost Control – Knowing the true costs of owned equipment is difficult. Rented equipment offers you just one accountable cost figure, the rental invoice cost.
- Inventory Control – The presence of continuous billing on rented equipment establishes personal accountability. Inventory loss due to pilferage is minimized.
- Taxes/Licenses – Personal property taxes and license costs are eliminated on rented equipment.
- Conservation of Capital – Renting construction equipment frees your capital for other potentially more profitable uses.
- Increase in Borrowing Capacity – Contractors who rent instead of purchase find borrowing easier with better ratio of assets to liabilities since equipment does not appear as a liability on the balance sheet. The normal line of bank credit is not disturbed, a most important asset in securing bonds for construction work.
Consider all these factors and compare the cost of purchasing one particular piece of equipment against the cost of renting it for six months.
For more information, contact our rental store at:
8 Reeds Mill Road
Newport, NH 03773